Thursday 25 April 2013

I'm Not Dead Yet

The only way to survive old age I reckon is to stay young. For that reason I decided to start this blog. What's it going to be about? I don't know. I'm just going to make it up as I go along.

It was my daughter Alison's idea in a way. She said I ought to find something to do all day instead of watching TV. She's got a new computer and gave me her old laptop one. I can't say I find it very easy. I've not been on the internet before but you're never too old to start. I have used a typewriter so once I get here and can just type words it's quite easy so long as I can think of what to say.

So what's been going on? The Iron Lady's dead. They don't make them like her anymore. I remember when I was a boy listening to Winston Churchill on the wireless. She reminded me of "Winnie". She really used to tell it how it is. If it wasn't for her the unions would have ruined this country if you ask me. I know a lot of people didn't like her but where would we be now if it wasn't for her I'd like to know.

Just finished reading Belmarsh: Hell, the first volume of Jeffrey Archer's prison diaries. It's terrible what the poor man had to go through. I think it's terrible that Britain treats great men who do so much for their country like Archer like that. It's no wonder we're in the mess we're in. At least they gave Maggie the send-off she deserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment