Thursday 23 May 2013

Shame on you Jock!

I've not been online for a couple of weeks. Lots of people have told me how impressed they are that someone of my age suddenly turn into an internet whizz-kid but I'm not really. I forgot my password so I couldn't get the laptop to turn on so Alison had to take it away to be fixed by a friend of hers who knows about such things. She was really keen to get it sorted out. I think it was because when I'm on the internet I'm not ringing her up and bending her ear. She told me now I've got it back I should write down my password so I don't forget it so I have.

Not that a lot has happened while I've been away. Good old Nigel Farage had a hard time of it North of the Border. They don't know a great politician when they see one up there. I hope they all go and vote for bloody independence. And while we're at it, let's close the Welsh border too. That way England will have what it's always wanted: a Conservative government with a decent majority that will just go on and on forever. That means it can get on with the job and get rid of all the bureaucrats and sort out all the bloody scroungers cut tax get out of the EU and put some proper pictures back in the art galleries instead of all those dead cows and such like.

If Nigel Farage wants to be Cock o' the North and impress the man in the street he could do worse than learn a trick or two from this bloke who's started posting his home videos. I tried it myself this afternoon with my walking stick and let me tell you it's not that easy:


10 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've learned a thing or two about the internet since we last visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the internet but I've learnt a thing or two about what you can and can't do with a walking stick.

      Delete
  2. Oy, what's this about closing the Welsh borders, Jim? Thought we were friends. We live so close to the English border that if you and me put a table across the brook that runs down the edge of our property and one of us sat one end and the t'other one sat the other, we''d be in two different countries. Anyway glad you're back - I write my passwords down in a little book - my memory isn't that good either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offence meant. I've nothing against the Welsh. If Wales was independent I'd happily get out my passport and get Alison to drive me there for a day out.

      Delete
  3. Where did you get that video from? I seem to remember posting something very similar myself - last night... Oh well, maybe it's doing the rounds. The bloke who sent it to me is a UKIP voting dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere called liveleak.com of all things. I wondered what he was going to do when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you back Jim - I have been away on holiday at a lovely hotel in Norfolk, so I didn't realise you were missing until I arrived home and caught up on my blog. The trouble with the internet is that they will keep updating it and usually when I have only just got used to the old way. They have updated how to get people on the blog list and now when I try to do it I get them in large red letters - shall have to wait until my son comes to sort me out too.
    As for that video - I have watched it on Tom's blog - all I can say is that it looks painful (and that is an understatement!)
    I suspect that if we met we would immediately begin a fierce argument about politics (and no - I do not support Nigel Farage) but then they say that a good argument is good for the oldie brain, so perhaps that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UKIP are a bunch of Idiots.a Flash-in-the-pan (i hope!).God Bless the Scots! Much more politically savvy than those of us South of The Border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are an Instagram lover and having problems on your Instagram app such as loading issues, the app is not opening, some sections are not visible, uploading issues so don’t worry here you can get accurate and relevant information about the reset Instagram app. Just follow the our-given steps. Therefore, users can easily reset the Instagram account via those presented steps. whenever, If you face this issue after applying all those steps and want to connect with customer team then you should dial Instagram Telefoonnummer. they are available 24/7 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Passwords - oomph! We all have so many, and some are important (as those for online-banking) and many are not (as for Ikea or Waitrose or whatsoever). I have the tendency to scribble a new password on an envelope, later searching for it, and my New Year's resolution: "Put a password directly into a notebook (paper)" is not always fulfilled - so it becomes really difficult when I use resembling passwords, but with a slight difference - then the muddle starts...

    ReplyDelete